To support the Mindspace Podcast:
You can listen and subscribe to the podcast here:
“Life is tragic, and occasionally it’s magic.”
In this episode of the Mindspace podcast, Dr. Joe speaks with Jamie Wheal, author of Recapture the Rapture: Rethinking God, Sex and Death In a World That’s Lost Its Mind and the Pulitzer-nominated bestseller Stealing Fire: How Silicon Valley, Navy SEALs, and Maverick Scientists Are Revolutionizing the Way We Live and Work. He is also the founder and executive director of the Flow Genome Project whose purpose is to build “world-class training programs on peak performance, optimal psychology and leadership.” His work has been covered in the New York Times, Financial Times, Wired, Entrepreneur, Forbes, and many other publications.
Jamie synthesizes history, psychology, neuroscience, and anthropology in order to create techniques and cultural practices centred around transforming human beings through non-ordinary states. Those practices include breathing techniques and psychedelics.
Jamie and Dr. Joe spoke about:
- The breakdown of the traditional ways of making meaning
- The social, political, psychological, and environmental consequences of this breakdown
- Jamie’s design principles for a new meaning-making operating system
- The most reliable and accessible sources of healing, inspiration, and connection
- How we can implement this approach to building sustainable communities