- Do you have a scholarship program?
What is your cancellation policy?
If you cancel registration five or more days before the first class, you will receive a refund minus a $50 administrative fee. If you cancel registration fewer than five days before the first class and before the fourth session, you will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be offered after the fourth session.
Exceptionally, MindSpace MBSR teachers may require a participant to withdraw from the program if his or her participation is disruptive to the group. In that case, a full reimbursement will be given.
Are the fees covered by Quebec health care?
No. We are not medical doctors, so we cannot bill RAMQ for our services. Some of our 8-week programs are co-facilitated by RAMQ-recognized physicians, however, in which case coverage may be possible. In those instances the program in question will clearly indicate this.
How many people are in your groups?
The groups range from 10 to 20 participants.
What happens if I have to miss a session?
Missing a session isn’t ideal, but is sometimes unavoidable. You have several options if you miss a session:
- You can explore the written or online material provided by the teacher(s) for that week.
- You can set up a brief phone call or pre-class meeting with your teacher to review the material you missed.
Do I have to speak during group discussions?
You are free to contribute as little or as much to the discussions as you like.
How are the sessions structured?
We usually spend 20-30 minutes debriefing on home meditation practice or other homework assigned the previous week. The next portion of the session is devoted to psychoeducation, discussion, and exercises related to the topic of the session. We usually close with a meditation.
Do I have to do anything between sessions?
We give homework at the end of most sessions. The homework usually consists of meditation and informal mindfulness practice, adding up to about 20 mins per day. The assignments are an essential component of the course. The more you put into the practice, the more likely you are to enjoy the benefits of mindfulness.
Do I need to know anything about mindfulness or meditation to take your courses?
No, Intro to Mindfulness, Individual Training and our MBSR program are ideal places to start, but all our programs are suitable for people with no experience in meditation or mindfulness. MBCT is designed specifically for individuals recovering from recurrent clinical anxiety or depression.
Who benefits from mindfulness training?
Mindfulness training benefits anyone who is:
- Looking for new tools for managing stress
- Recovering from anxiety or mood problems
- Having difficulty coping with a particular life stressor such as an illness, separation, or significant transition
- Having difficulty coping with health problems such as chronic pain
- Interested in enhancing well-being and preventing future health problems
- Interested in starting a meditation practice