- Altered states of consciousness and feeling separated from reality
- Disruption of negative feelings
- Relaxation of ordinary concerns and usual mindset
- A sense of euphoria
- A dream-like or “floating” sensation
- An altered sense of time (losing track of time; time slowing down or speeding up)
- Diminished or altered body sensations; some people may have an “out-of-body” experience, where awareness of the physical body is reduced
- Tunnel vision, or seeing things through a fog
- Pain reduction
- Mild changes in perceptions of sounds and sights
- It’s also possible to have uncomfortable feelings or suppressed traumas arise. Safety and care are the top priorities of our team members, and your therapists will be there to support you as you navigate any challenging experiences.
Ketamine can be administered via intravenous infusion (IV), ad intramuscular injection (IM), nasal sprays, and rapid dissolving tablets; at Numinus, we currently use nasal sprays and tablets. After taking a rigorous, client-centred approach to determine whether KAT is the appropriate treatment for your situation, your medical team will work with you to find the correct dosage.
The physical and emotional effects of ketamine will differ from person to person; however, common experiences include:
Our rooms for ketamine dosing sessions have been intentionally designed to ensure your comfort and support your journey. You may choose to be in a reclined or semi-reclined position, wear eyeshades, and listen to music to enhance the experience.