Explore the therapeutic benefits of MBCT while looking at its clinical applications, in collaboration with the Centre for Mindfulness Studies.
This is a pre-requisite for initiating the Facilitation Certificate in MBCT.
This introductory and highly experiential workshop teaches healthcare providers practices, principles, context, and neuroscience related to MBCT. Practitioners learn this modality from the inside out. This module is therefore primarily for personal use and professional resilience.
Participants will explore habitual modes of mind that characterize changes in mood while simultaneously developing skills and a new relationship to these states. In addition, participants will be introduced to the theoretical assumptions underlying the model, receive an overview of the program as well as an understanding of the relative contraindications and clinical applications.
Who Should Attend
Healthcare providers and social service workers interested in learning about MBCT, its clinical benefits and application to personal and professional resilience. There is no pre-requisite for this course.
Payment, cancellation and refund policies
• To learn about MBCT: historical context and supporting science
• To experience and reflect on introductory mindfulness practices and CBT exercises
• To learn more about the clinical application of mindfulness for depression, anxiety and stress
• Overview of context and research on MBIs
• Overview of MBCT program
• Mindfulness practices and CBT exercises – practice and inquiry
• Underlying principles and assumptions of MBCT
• Clinical application of MBCT practices/exercises to anxiety, depression and stress
• Home Practice