The mPEAK program involves an approach whereby participants, upon completion, will experience :
- being open and receptive to insight and creative inspiration
- Responding more courageously, rather than reacting to stress; while monitoring difficult experiences such as fear
- practicing non-attachment and being present to process rather than a future outcome
- finding their “sweet spot” through balanced-effort by letting go of striving for perfection;
- having more compassion by meeting failure with kindness and a willingness to learn from the experience
- being more focused with sustained engagement in the present moment;
- being disciplined in making choices that are consistent with intentions;
- greater understanding of the central role of mindfulness meditation practice for fostering peak performance in the regulation of emotions and behaviors.
The goal is to provide a safe and supportive environment for exploring how we typically respond to challenges and opportunities and to provide tools for becoming more adept at meeting and overcoming these obstacles to achieve our goals. The emphasis of the program is on enhancing attentional and emotional resources, as well as personal capacities.