Our child and adolescent psychologists can help with:
- Anxiety (stress, phobias, shyness, anxiety-related sleep problems, obsessive-compulsive behaviours)
- Mood problems (depression, low mood, low self-esteem, lack of motivation)
- Behaviour problems (impulsivity, anger management, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
Meetings are typically short-term, problem-focused and empowering. Children and adolescents often feel better quickly, and develop problem-solving skills they’ll be able to use long after therapy ends.
In addition to one-on-one therapy, the MindSpace Clinic offers comprehensive psycho-educational assessments. An assessment is the essential first step in helping your child master anxiety, behaviour problems, ADHD, depression, or learning disabilities.
The goals of the assessment are to:
- identify the source of the difficulties
- identify strengths and potential
- compare results to same-age peers
- ascertain current level of functioning
Here’s how it works:
- An assessment specialist evaluates your child over the course of 3-4 meetings over 1-2 months
- Meetings are scheduled directly with assessment specialist, around your child’s academic and extracurricular commitments where possible
- Post-assessment, you’ll receive an in depth-report including suggestions for helping your child reach his or her full potential, and recommendations for accommodations at school (if applicable)
- Total fee for assessment sessions and report is $2000. Fee can be paid in two instalments, at the beginning and at the end of the assessment (cash, cheque, or credit card)
- Insurance receipts provided.
Our child and adolescent therapists combine big hearts, sharp clinical acumen, and years of experience to provide you with the data you need to make the best decisions for your child.