Psychotherapy is offered at a reduced rate for clients working with a doctoral candidate in psychology. Therapy with a doctoral candidate is available dependent on client-therapist fit and availability.
What you need to know
- Doctoral candidates are supervised on a weekly basis by a senior Mindspace psychologist licensed by the Quebec Order of Psychologists.
- The objective of supervision is to maintain an excellent quality of care.
- Your information will be discussed for supervision purposes only.
- Your therapist’s supervisor may occasionally be present during therapy sessions.
- Mindspace is committed to your privacy.
- Information divulged during therapy sessions is strictly confidential and only your therapist and his/her supervisor and the Mindspace Clinic director may access it.
- Your therapy may occasionally be discussed in small group supervision.
- Mindspace Doctoral Candidates in Psychology will often video-record therapy sessions for supervision purposes only, using small and unobtrusive cameras.
- Recorded sessions will be exclusively available to your therapist’s clinical supervisor.
- All recordings will be erased at the completion of your therapy at Mindspace.
Benefits of Working with a Doctoral Candidate in Psychology at Mindspace
- Doctoral Candidates in Psychology are experienced, advanced Ph.D. students and are committed to excellence in psychotherapy.
- Mindspace clients who work with a doctoral candidate benefit from the additional expertise of a clinical supervisor.
- Clients who work with doctoral candidate therapists will benefit from a reduced fee for therapy ($100).