Psychotherapy is offered at a reduced rate for clients working with a doctoral resident. Therapy with a resident is available dependent on client-therapist fit and availability.
What you need to know
- Doctoral residents are supervised on a weekly basis by a MindSpace psychologist licensed by the Quebec Order of Psychologists.
- The objective of supervision is to maintain an excellent quality of care.
- Your information will be discussed for supervision purposes only.
- Your therapist’s supervisor may occasionally be present during therapy sessions.
- MindSpace is committed to your privacy.
- Information divulged during therapy sessions is strictly confidential and only your therapist and his/her supervisor and the MindSpace Clinic director may access it.
- Your therapy may occasionally be discussed in small group supervision.
- MindSpace doctoral residents will occasionally video-record therapy sessions for supervision purposes only, using small and unobtrusive cameras.
- Recorded sessions will be exclusively available to your therapist’s clinical supervisor.
- All recordings will be erased at the completion of your therapy at MindSpace.
Benefits of Working with a Resident
- Doctoral residents are advanced PhD candidates and are committed to excellence in psychotherapy.
- MindSpace clients who work with a resident benefit from the additional experience of a clinical supervisor.
- Clients who work with resident therapists will benefit from a reduced fee for therapy ($95).