Psychotherapy is offered at a reduced rate for clients working with a doctoral candidate in psychology and psychotherapy interns. Therapy with a student is available dependent on client-therapist fit and availability.
What you need to know
- Doctoral candidates and psychotherapy interns are supervised on a weekly basis by an advanced psychologist licensed by the Quebec Order of Psychologists (OPQ).
- The objective of supervision is to maintain an excellent quality of care.
- Your information will be discussed for supervision purposes only.
- Your therapist’s supervisor may occasionally be present during therapy sessions.
- Mindspace is committed to your privacy.
- Information divulged during therapy sessions is strictly confidential and only your therapist and his/her supervisor and the Mindspace Clinic director may access it.
- Your therapy may occasionally be discussed in small group supervision.
- Mindspace Doctoral Candidates in Psychology and Psychotherapy Interns will often video-record therapy sessions for supervision purposes only, using small and unobtrusive cameras or capturing of online sessions.
- Recorded sessions will be exclusively available to your therapist’s clinical supervisor.
- All recordings will be erased at the completion of your therapy at Mindspace.
Benefits of Working with a Doctoral Candidate in Psychology or Psychotherapy Intern at Mindspace
- Doctoral Candidates in Psychology and Psychotherapy Interns are experienced Masters degree holders or Ph.D. students who are committed to excellence in psychotherapy.
- Mindspace clients who work with a doctoral candidate or psychotherapy intern benefit from the additional expertise of a clinical supervisor.
- Clients who work with doctoral candidate therapists or psychotherapy interns will benefit from a reduced fee for therapy ($100 or $125 depending on training level).
- These students are the ones who most often have the shortest waiting lists and more flexibility in their appointment hours.