This online workshop is designed for clinicians and healthcare providers who want to learn more about current psychedelic research and clinical practice, including how to work with patients who have a history of psychedelic use or have expressed an interest in using psychedelics. This interactive training includes role plays, demonstrations, case examples, and experiential learning opportunities.
Lead trainers Drs Gorman & Nielson as well as Mindspace’s Dr. Joe Flanders and Andrew Rose will be present. This workshop has been offered nationally and internationally over 10 times in the last 2 years and has routinely sold out and generated a waiting list. Upon completion, participants will be offered the opportunity to join the presenters’ google group with over 500 past program participants for networking and continued collaboration.
This workshop will be given over three days in half-day segments.
This course can be taken in partial fulfillment of the requirements for Fluence’s Postgraduate Certificate in Psychedelic Integration Therapy.
Your patients are curious and so are you: What is all this about psychedelics being used for treatment of addiction and trauma? This session gives an overview of psychedelic drugs, their history, and current research with MDMA and Psilocybin-assisted therapy. This program includes overview of recent and current clinical trials, outcomes, legal status, and what it all means for the future of addiction and trauma treatment.
- Discuss the historical justifications for psychedelic clinical research
- Describe key theoretical approaches to psychedelic-assisted therapy
- Discuss the state of psychedelic clinical research, rescheduling efforts, and how psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy works with clients.
- Compare psychedelic integration psychotherapy to integration in peer and shamanic settings
What are psychedelic harm reduction and integration and how can they occur in a clinical setting? This session focuses on translating research findings into clinical practice including working with patients who are considering using psychedelics, actually using psychedelics, or have used them. This program includes discussion of assessment and integration techniques, resources, and legal and ethical issues.
- Assess clients for key “red flags” that indicate someone should seek specialized psychiatric care after a psychedelic experience
- Utilize principles of psychedelic-assisted therapy in a basic/initial assessment of clients who report psychedelic use
- List contraindications and discuss high risk cases of individuals who are contemplating psychedelic use
- Describe the role of the therapist in an individual’s integration psychotherapy process
Continuing Education and Accreditation Information
For Quebec mental health professionals
Please inquire directly with Mindspace if you are interested in OPQ credits for this program.
For health professionals in the US
Continuing Education Credits for Health Professionals (CE)
(Please select CE price option at checkout)
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSWs, MFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
- For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.
Accreditation for Medical Professionals (CME)
(Please select CME price option at checkout)
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Cine-Med and Medical Resource Association.
Cine-Med is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Ciné-Med designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.